Thursday, September 27, 2012


Totally Surprised I Could Paint with Wax
For this project I melted a bunch of green, yellow, purple, blue, and white oil pastels and used gloss to paint on a piece of bristol board with.  The dimensions are 9"x12". One thing I did successfully was find a good color scheme, which for this project was accented analogous.  My biggest problem while creating this piece was the dried pastel cracking on the paper, and because of this I had to keep reheating what was already on the paper to make sure it didn't come completely off.  First I created the back ground by taking a small iron and melting oil pastels directly onto the paper and swirling the greens and yellows together.  Then I traced the outline of the woman in pencil and melted the purple, white, and blue pastels on a hot plate.  I used a small brush to paint in the outlines of the woman, put a coat of gloss on top, then voilĂ !

No comments:

Post a Comment