Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Experimenting with Marbleized Paper and Such

                                                                  (Full Photo)
                                                                  (Detail Photo)
The materials used for this project are blue, burgandy, and black spray paint; white and black oil pastel; white and black acrylic, and bristol board.  The dimensions are 12"x16".  I succesfully made good looking marbleized paper and cutting them all up and placing them back together in a good design.  I had trouble drawing the eyes and defining the woman from the background.  The female figure is still slightly too camouflaged with the background.  However, defining a few of the lips helped bring forward teh shape and gave the piece a good focal point.  I also gave the different pieces of paper shadows to bridge it all together and give more depth to the piece.  Overall I like the end result, but if I were to do another project using the same technique I would use only Acrylic so the figure would stand out more and I would possibly incorporate larger areas of white with ink.

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. This is like one of the best things I think you have done. I love how everything just flows together really. You done very well on this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you thought to piece the marbleized paper together. That adds a lot of texture that just using one piece of paper could not have accomplished. The contrast between the white colored pencil and dark areas also highlights the features of the face. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the technique that you used. It's definitely something different that I have never seen before. The face is very defined and my eyes go straight to it when I look at it. I can't wait to see what else you make! Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you used the marbleized paper since no one else had done it yet. It's cool to see how it turned out in the end since it was a bit challenging at the beginning, but you worked with it. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this piece. I have to be honest, when you first showed me the background, I was a little bit concerned because it was so chaotic. every time you did something though, it just kept getting better. I love that you like to show off your own drawing in every piece you do, and even if your medium wasn't awesome, this would be an awesome drawing. I love how you framed the boxes, because it helps to dew=crease the confusion in that too. this is pretty great, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete