Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saving the Best for Last



This is my final piece for the semester and also, in my opinion, my best.  I used charcoal, watercolor, and interference paint.  The dimensions are 12"x24".  Some challenges I faced while working on this project were my lack of experiencing using charcoal and pencil and trying to draw woods.  Instead of worying about the background too much I decided I would just make up for it by really making the people stand out.  I feel I successfully learned how to create shades and highlights with watercolor and I learned how to make interference and watercolor work together.  I don't feel I've created a new technique by mixing interference and water color or by having a person being blown away, but I feel like I explored something that hasn't really been explored much before.  I tried to use brighter colors on the people this time and not make them as pale as I have been making all of my other figures.  The last stage of my theme was acceptance.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I can't decide what I love more about this piece, the background charcoal or the little girl fading away. This is my favorite piece of yours by far!

    ReplyDelete