Friday, August 2, 2013

#4- Closet Space

For this piece I chose the assignment "Inside of a closet."  I'm going to a rodeo later today so I thought I'd do a western theme for this piece.  I draped my western show jacket over my guitar and placed my riding boots in front of it.  I tried to do another stylized piece in water color because its quick, easy, and doesn't take a lot of time.  I think this one looks absolutely terrible; probably because I didn't spend a lot of time on it because I completely forgot I had to do it.  Hopefully either before school starts or during the school year I can redo this piece because I think it has some serious potential, especially if I do it in more detail! This is a 9"x12" sheet of paper.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to agree with you here, to a lesser extent. I don't think that the piece is terrible but I definitely don't think that it conveys your talent! I'd like to see you re-do it on a better sheet of paper and play up the values more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the open composition you've created here as well as the way you create your own theme from the prompt. I do agree with Laney, I'd like to see the values reworked more. I think it's a great start, you just need to push yourself a bit further on this one. I do also enjoy of the textured brushwork, it'd be interesting to see that emphasized.

    ReplyDelete